Get right up close
In the first zooom stage, the view is finally directed towards the real Matterhorn and the surrounding alpine mountain world in all its dimensions and beauty. Periscopes allow you to zoom in and take a very close look. Graphic anchor points in the visitor's field of vision provide additional information.
The second stage transports visitors in an immersive 3D cinema to the most diverse scenarios showing the four seasons on the Matterhorn - from icy and snowy landscapes and tempestuous autumn storms to gentle flowering spring meadows and balmy summer evenings. Thanks to light projections and a detailed replica of the Matterhorn, visitors encounter the virtual environment as an almost real experience.
In the third zoom stage, you can choose between two virtual paragliding flights, the relaxed panoramic flight and the exciting, sporty flight. The virtual sightseeing flight with 3D glasses in floating armchairs focuses on the Matterhorn and its awesome alpine landscape.
The multimedia presentation is rounded off by a wealth of tangible information on historically significant events, on high alpine nature with its unique flora, fauna and glaciers, and on the history of the Gornergrat Bahn itself.
- Suitable for families
- Wheelchair accessible
- Information in German, English and French
- Can be hired for events, aperitives etc.
- Animals not permitted
All Gornergrat railway tickets with the Gornergrat as the starting or destination station have the Zooom experience world included in the ticket.
Adults CHF 12.00
Children up to 15.99 years CHF 6.00
- If the multimedia world of experience "Zooom the Matterhorn" is not included in the ticket (e.g. ski passes, season or annual passes, peak passes, peak2peak, round trips, route season tickets, as well as all free tickets (chauffeurs, tour guides, etc.), the admission price for adults is CHF 12.00 (Half-Fare Card, GA and Swiss Travel Pass are not valid).
- Admission for children is free in summer up to 5.99 years and in winter up to 8.99 years. Children up to 15.99 years pay CHF 6.00.
- Admission is also free with the Junior or Children's travelcard and Wolli Card (analogous to rail travel).