The village of Täsch is flanked by what are certainly the most imposing mountains in Switzerland. Each year on a Sunday at the end of July, athletes and friends of Alp traditions meet for a little get-together. Täschalp is located at the base of the Alphubel (4,206 m).
The Alpine landscape at Täschalp is magic with its gurgling streams and an exceptionally rich world of flowers. Cows graze and the view of the mountain panorama is unique. If you have some time, you can observe marmots and also look for chamois (mountain goats) near the end of the valley. It is also possible that golden eagles or bearded vultures fly circles in the air. The Täschalp Run is a combination of mountain sports, experiencing nature and local culture presented in an impressive way.
A Fixed Item since 1983
Since the 1980s, runners have participated in the Täschalp Run. Runners, racers and Nordic Walkers. This has been a popular and well-anchored event in the region for 30 years. Countless runners will not miss it for any reason and take part year after year.
Täschalp Run for Runners
- At the end of July on a Sunday
- Course length: 8.9 km
- Altitude difference: 916 m
- Finish line: 2,214 m (Täschalp)
- Sign up: www.taeschalplauf.ch (in German) / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bibs are available: from 7:30 am in the Alpenhotel
- Registration ends: on Saturday at 6:00 pm
- Start I: Alpenhotel across from the train station, 8:00 am for amateur runners and Nordic walkers
- Start II: racers 9:00 am, same location
- Entry fee: CHF 25 and 30
- In the finish line area: no showers are available
- Awards ceremony: 1:00 pm in the finish line area at the Älplerfest (alpine culture celebration)
- Every participant receives a prize.
- Series – Cups: Oberwalliser Laufcup, Walliser Berglauf Cup, Coupe Valaisanne de la montagne
Täschalp Run for Spectators
- Attractive spectating spots: Start in Täsch, between 8:00 and 9:00 am
- Travel by car or taxi to Ruffina - Kreuz, good place to watch
- After 9:40 am, arrival of the first runners at the finish line at Täschalp
- On the Sunday of the run and general Täsch-Täschalp taxi operations. Subject to charge
- Parking available at Täschalp
- Recommendations: good shoes, warm clothing, raingear, perhaps camera, binoculars
Festival at Täschalp
- from 9:30 am Täschalp Festival alpine culture festival
- 11:00 am: open-air mass
- Cateirng: drinks, Raclette, risotto, ragout, Bratwurst etc. Local products are used: Täschalp cheese, sausage, rye bread
- Musical entertainment (Swiss traditional folk music)
- Täschalp Dairy: sale of cheese and goat cheese