An inscription in the old church suggests that the building dates from 1716. In 1730, the elevation of Randa to an independent parish led to separation from St. Niklaus. The original Latin act, written on parchment, is preserved in the St. Niklaus parish archive.
The high altar was carved by Anton Sigristen of Glis in 1735. The wall paintings by J. Salzgeber date from 1932. The church is listed in the Swiss Inventory of Cultural Property of Regional Significance because of its baroque style of construction.
Photo subject: church with Bis Glacier in the background (viewed from the east)