The festival was founded in 2007 by Thomas Sterchi and Marco Godat as a singer-songwriter festival. Since then, the acoustic festival has continued to attract some 30,000 visitors to Zermatt every year. Zermatt Unplugged is the only festival of its kind in Europe.
Facts about Zermatt Unplugged
- 5 days: every April, from Tuesday to Sunday
- Over 100 concerts
- 18 stages on the mountainside and in the village
- National and international artists and 20 up-and-coming discovery acts
- Pop up bands: bands perform spontaneously at different venues in the village and on the mountainside
- After-parties with popular DJs
"I was there when..." can often be said of a discovery act just one year after it has performed at Zermatt and a short while later conquered the charts. This was the case with Marius Bear, Bastian Baker, 77 Bombay Street, James Gruntz and Dabu Fantastic. You can see the Discovery Acts with the Unplugged Pass.
The Unplugged Pass is your access card to the festival. With it, nothing stands in the way of your musical and culinary journey of discovery.
- Valid for 5 days
- Access to all Unplugged Pass stages
- Access to all after parties
- Admission to the Taste Village
- CHF 65.- | CHF 40.- (for locals with the Blue Card, Zermatt Täsch and Randa)
At the most central location, right in front of the main tent, visitors will find an oasis of pleasure – the Taste Village. Unplugged music, local gastronomy and warm hospitality – there's something here to suit every taste.
- Food stalls, bars & restaurant chalets
- Specialties: Swiss meat, Gommer Cholera (savoury cheese and vegetable pie), plant-based burgers.
- Admission: with the Unplugged Pass or a concert ticket for the respective day.
Volunteers to the fore
If you want to experience the festival from a completely different perspective, you can sign up as a volunteer. Volunteers have the opportunity to take a look behind the scenes and become part of the official Zermatt Unplugged team.
- Experience concerts from an unusual perspective
- Accommodation and meals provided
- Volunteer T-shirt
Tickets and Information