Adventure Trail (Nr. 1)
This steep trail rewards hikers with magnificent views on both sides: of the Alpine panorama with dramatic 4,000-metre peaks, and way down to Zermatt and into a small, secluded side valley.
- Type Mountain trail
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 1,40 h
- Distance 4,3 km
- Ascent 0 m
- Descent 877 m
- Lowest point 2215 m
- Highest point 3092 m
Rothorn - Ritzengrat - Tufteren (extension possible via the Forest Trail or Direttissima Trail)
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 2h 40)
This hike is marked on the signposts as “Abenteuerweg”.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Good chances of spotting wildlife. Best times: early morning and evening.
Depending on season, the sunset on the Matterhorn is especially beautiful seen from here.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.