Crystal Trail (Nr. 7)
This path leads to many of the highlights of the Zermatt mountains. Delightful sights include the reflection of the Matterhorn in the surface of the Stellisee lake.
- Type Mountain trail
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 1,45 h
- Distance 5,4 km
- Ascent 118 m
- Descent 638 m
- Lowest point 2527 m
- Highest point 3087 m
Rothorn - Fluhalp - Stellisee - Blauherd
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 2h 15)
This hike is marked on the signposts as “Kristallweg”.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Hikers who linger along the trail may be lucky enough to spot chamois, depending on season.
Look out for the star of the mountain floral world, the edelweiss (July/August).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.