Täschalp-Tufteren (Nr. 48)
This generally level walk follows the famous Europaweg trail. Leading along the treeline, it offers glorious views of numerous 4,000-metre peaks as well as Täsch and Zermatt.
- Type Mountain trail
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 2,00 h
- Distance 6,2 km
- Ascent 241 m
- Descent 217 m
- Lowest point 2137 m
- Highest point 2349 m
Täschalp – Tufteren
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 1h 55)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Please note the opening hours of the Alpine dairy on Täschalp (approx. mid-June to mid-September). A taxi is available during the summer for the trip from Täsch up to the Täschalp. Information and departure times are available in the tourist office in Täsch.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.