Hike to the Kin Hut - via Täschalp (Nr. 49)
This hike requires quite an effort, given total climbs of 1,000 m – but rewards walkers with some delightful discoveries.
- Type Mountain trail
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 3,05 h
- Distance 7 km
- Ascent 703 m
- Descent 312 m
- Lowest point 1949 m
- Highest point 2587 m
Täschalp - along Europaweg via Edelweissweg - Kin Hut
(Hiking time for the walk back: approx. 2h 35)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Important! A good head for heights, a sure foot and mountain experience are needed
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.