Chamois Trail (Nr. 5)
The Chamois Trail offers walkers a good chance of spotting these beautiful wild animals.
- Type Mountain trail
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 1,50 h
- Distance 5,8 km
- Ascent 11 m
- Descent 887 m
- Lowest point 2215 m
- Highest point 3103 m
Rothorn - Kumme - Tufteren
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 2h 40)
This hike is marked on the signposts as “Gamsweg”.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Camera / Telephoto
A beautifully situated hiking trail and insider’s tip for tranquillity seekers.Do not leave the path, so that the animals are not disturbed. In this way, you have a better chance of observing wild animals in their habitat.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
Caution! In spring the path may not be passable because of snow.