This ski tour is suited for beginners and skiing pleasure-seekers. However, it has to do with a prestigious form of this sport: skiing away from the prepared slopes and far away from the pistes. Therefore, a mastery of parallel ski turns in every type of snow is a precondition.
Ascent from Fluhalp - Pfulwe (length approx. 2 h) afterwards descent to Täschalp (approx. 50 min.) and then down to Täsch
We recommend for this tour to book eventually a mountain guide who knows well the place.
- Ski touring equipment: touring ski-boots, touring skis with touring bindings, ski poles, skins, ski crampons
- Climbing harness
- Avalanche transeiver
- Backpack, shovel, probe
- Warm weatherproof clothing
- Warm gloves and warm hat
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Warm drinks
- Snack (high energy foods such as chocolate, dried fruit etc.)
Important! Requirement: parallel turns in all types of snow, good physical condition
We recommend a guided tour a with mountain guide who knows well the place. Further information and mountain guide agency: www.alpincenter-zermatt.ch
Crampons, climbing harnesses and helmets can be rented in different sport shops in the village.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.