Zermatt-Täsch Railway Trail (Nr. 50)
The Railway Trail makes an ideal family walk, offering close-up views of trains of the Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn. The area along the path is also home to marmots and many alpine flowers, including some very rare species.
- Type Hiking trail
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 1,20 h
- Distance 6 km
- Ascent 27 m
- Descent 198 m
- Lowest point 1438 m
- Highest point 1632 m
Zermatt (station) - Täsch (station)
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 1h 55)
This hike is marked on the signposts as “Bahnweg Zermatt - Täsch”.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
- Beware: railway crossing
Note: Please take note when the path is closed from late autumn to spring: avalanche danger!