Nature Trail (Nr. 19)
The Nature Trail is a treat for body and soul. At first it leads through a forest with ancient Swiss stone pine trees, before entering the bare landscape left by the retreating Findel Glacier. Here, the sweeping views extend all the way to the Matterhorn.
- Type Hiking trail
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 1,40 h
- Distance 6,2 km
- Ascent 331 m
- Descent 267 m
- Lowest point 2124 m
- Highest point 2286 m
Riffelalp - Grünsee - Moosjisee - Leisee - Sunnegga
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 1h 50)
This hike is marked on the signposts as “Naturweg”.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
The Grünsee lake is worth a visit (with swimming possible).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.