Swiss Stone Pine Trail (Nr. 14)
This path through the shady forest of Swiss stone pine and larch is wonderfully relaxing. It’s peaceful; depending on time of day there’s hardly anyone around. There’s even the chance of spotting roe deer.
- Type Hiking trail
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 1,10 h
- Distance 3,1 km
- Ascent 10 m
- Descent 547 m
- Lowest point 1667 m
- Highest point 2209 m
Riffelalp - Findelbach - Winkelmatten (chapel)
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 1h 40)
This hike is marked on the signposts as “Arvenweg”.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Enjoy the typical postcard panorama of the Matterhorn. You have an especially beautiful view from one of the mountain restaurant terraces around Riffelalp.
When you are at Riffelalp, be sure to visit the "Herz Jesu" chapel.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.