Zermatt Panorama Trail (Nr. 9)
The views between the Ritzengrat ridge and Blauherd are magnificent, making this a true panoramic trail. Crowning the scene is the Matterhorn, revealing its north and east flanks and the Hörnligrat ridge.
- Type Theme trail
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 0,50 h
- Distance 2 km
- Ascent 242 m
- Descent 1 m
- Lowest point 2577 m
- Highest point 2818 m
Blauherd - Ritzengrat (extension possible via the Abenteuerweg trail)
(Hiking time for the walk back: approx. 30 min)
This hike is marked on the signposts as “Panoramaweg Zermatt”.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.