Dirtscooter on Schwarzsee
Dirtscooter riding in Zermatt: high thrills at the foot of the north face of the Matterhorn. These scooters with super-fat tyres are perfect for riding the lanes leading through Zermatt’s alpine pastures. Fun for all the family!
- Dirtscooter with helmet (available for hire at the valley station)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Good footwear
The mountain landscape around Zermatt, with 38 summits above 4,000 metres, offers breathtaking panoramic views and is home to a wealth of fauna and flora.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Take into account participants’ fitness level and ability.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Do not leave the marked routes.
- It is forbidden to ride on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
Onward travel to Zermatt is either by private taxi or shuttle train. Trains depart every 20 minutes; the journey takes about 12 minutes, and ends at the Bahnhofplatz in Zermatt.
Onward travel: see “Getting there”.
Zermatt is also the start and finish point for the world-famous Glacier Express panoramic train journey (Zermatt to St. Moritz or Davos).