Zermatt is car-free. Access by private transportation is only permitted to Täsch. From Täsch, one continues to Zermatt by train. Or by taxi or limousine service as an alternative.
Täsch is 5 km from Zermatt. The road from Täsch to Zermatt is closed for public traffic. The Matterhorn Terminal in Täsch has 2,100 covered parking spaces. In addition, there are over 1,000 parking spaces offered by private parties, such as taxi companies, hotels, etc. It means one has to board the train in Täsch. An extensive taxi service from different private companies also serves guests, who prefer to travel to Zermatt by taxi.
- shuttle trains every 20 minutes in each direction between Täsch and Zermatt
- Convenient self-loading of luggage (baggage cart with CHF 5 deposit)
- Travel time by train to Zermatt is 12 minutes
- Baggage carts for self-loading luggage in the Matterhorn Terminal in Täsch
- Taxi and limousine services between Täsch and Zermatt
- Free parking for coaches and free group luggage transport (reserve the day before by 4 pm through the Täsch Train Station)