At Furi, several attractive restaurants and a hotel invite visitors to linger. The many old buildings are authentic Walser mountain houses, barns and stores. Furi became famous, however, because of its glacier garden. The first glacier mill was discovered in 1966 by the Zermatt hotelier and nature lover Yvo Biner. The glacier garden is a relic of the last ice age.
- Dossen glacier garden
- Suspension footbridge, 90 m high, 100 m long
- Barbecue areas
- Cable car hub: gondolas of the Matterhorn Express and the Riffelberg Express
- Furi chapel, “Schmerzhafte Muttergottes”
- Hotel and many restaurants
- Located by hiking trails and ski pistes
- Holiday homes and chalets for rental
“Alp- und Bergbeizli Zermatt” by Gisela Schlotterbeck, published by Weber Verlag, Thun. With portraits of 47 mountain restaurants; in German only. ISBN 978-3-906033-10-5.