Hut trekking in the mountain paradise around Zermatt in the middle of the highest peaks and largest glaciers in the Alps.
The package includes:
- Overnight hut stay with half board in four different huts
- Welcome apéro in each hut
The Matterhorn Trek package allows one to experience the mountain world and life in the mountains up close and personal. In 4-6 hour stages over four days, the path leads through the Zermatt mountain world from hut to hut with hut wardens who are mountain guides at the same time. After each of the hikes, the hut team has a warm greeting with a welcoming apéro.
Enjoy an unforgettable hike through the Zermatt mountain world without a guide.
Day 1 – Trift
Climb from Zermatt (1,620 m) through the botanically interesting Trift Valley to the Trift mountain guest house (2,337 m).
Day 2 – Schönbiel
Climb to the viewing points at Höhbalmen and Hohliecht (2,675 m) and over the lateral moraine of the Zmutt Glacier to the Schönbiel Hut (2,694 m). Postcard view of the Matterhorn with an unusual perspective.
Day 3 - Hörnlihütte
Under the Matterhorn North Wall through to the Hörnli Hut (3,260 m). This is where those climbers using the Hörnligrat begin their ascent to the Matterhorn summit. Those hikers who get up early can observe the alpinists parade of head lamps.
Day 4 – Mountain Lodge ze Seewjinu
Descent via Schwarzsee - Hermetje on Furri. Over the 90-metre-high suspension bridge to the Dossen Glacier Garden. Ascent to Riffelalp and finally through a forest with ancient Swiss stone pines to the Mountain Lodge (2'300 m.)
Day 5 – Zermatt
Descent to Zermatt via the 5 lake trail (1'620 m).
The package can be booked for the period from 29 June up to and including 15 September 2020.
- The hut reservations can only be canceled or changed on request and in exceptional cases.
- Additional services must be booked at the huts.
- Please note that this is a hike without a guide on this occasion.
- If there are no spaces available for your requested date, please contact Zermatt Tourism on +41 27 966 81 00, email@example.com.
- Groups from 8 guests: please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.