Bike tour Rothorn - Zermatt (Nr. 22)
What a run! The downhill from Rothorn to Zermatt entails a vertical drop of 1,678 m. You ride on the gravel path, not the single trails.
- Type Mountainbiking
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 0,25 h
- Distance 13,3 km
- Ascent 6 m
- Descent 1501 m
- Lowest point 1620 m
- Highest point 3103 m
Rothorn - Blauherd - Sunnegga - Tufteren - Ried - Zermatt
(The trail can also be ridden in the other direction, from Zermatt to Rothorn – some sections steep and difficult.)
Variant 1: Rothorn - Blauherd - Sunnegga - Sunegga-Trail - Zermatt
Please note that the Rothorn cable car is not running in summer 2019.
- Bike in excellent working order
- Helmet, gloves and (trail) bell
- Repair kit in case of any defects
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and drink
The mountain landscape around Zermatt, with 38 summits above 4,000 metres, offers breathtaking panoramic views and is home to a wealth of fauna and flora.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.