Mirror, mirror on the wall...who will be “Miss Zermatt 2020”? You can meet her at the Shepherd's Festival in Zermatt, when the most beautiful in the village receive a prize. The Miss Zermatt Package is a unique opportunity to see close up the competition, the traditions of Zermatt shepherds and the most beautiful of all Blacknose sheep.
Included in the package:
- Accommodation (hotel or holiday apartment)
- A glimpse behind the scenes - washing the Blacknose sheep plus a small snack of Valais delicacies
- Shepherd’s Lunch raclette or bratwurst (one serving) and a glass of white wine or soft drink
- Meet & Greet with the newly crowned ‘Miss Zermatt 2020’ plus photo opportunity
- Small Shepherd’s Festival souvenir (wooden sheep)
To make sure you get the most of the traditional Shepherd’s Festival and don't miss anything, we recommend taking a look at the Shepherd's Festival Must-Do List:
Saturday 5 September 2020*
- At 10:00 hrs, you’ll see how the sheep are washed, combed and made beautiful for the competition. This will take place in the Tradition Julen stables (this is in the village and the exact location will be confirmed when you book). A small snack of Valais delicacies will also be provided.
- Afternoon - we recommend exploring the Alpine world at the foot of the Matterhorn (e.g. hike over the Furi Suspension Bridge or take a trip to the Schwarzsee lake).
- The traditional Shepherd’s Festival starts at 11:00 hrs on Sunday with an outdoor church service in the Matterhorn Arena in Zen Stecken. This emotional start to the shepherds’ day is a very special experience.
- 12:00 hrs - a Shepherd’s Festival lunch with raclette or bratwurst is not to be missed. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere with a glass of white wine (or soft drink) and listen to local music.
- 13:00 hrs - it's time for the Blacknose sheep prize ceremony. The front row (standing room, no reservations) gives you a particularly good view of the local beauties.
- About 15:00 hrs - it's time to choose “Miss Zermatt 2020”. We recommend taking some photos of this local celebrity. Details of where you can take photos will be provided when you book.
- About 16:00 hrs - the amazing shepherds’ weekend at the foot of the Matterhorn ends with a small Shepherd's Festival souvenir for you to take away with you.
*Subject to change
Conditions and information:
The Miss Zermatt Package is available from 3–6 September 2020 with a minimum stay of one night. The souvenir and the voucher for the glimpse behind the scenes, the Shepherd's Festival lunch and the Meet & Greet on Sunday will be in your accommodation.