Gornergrat Railway Winter Package
On 20 August 1898, the Gornergrat Railway – the first electric rack railway in Switzerland – travelled up the Gornergrat (3,089 m above sea level) on its inaugural journey. Even today, guests never tire of the constant view of the Matterhorn on the journey from Zermatt to the Gornergrat.
You'll start your trip in Zermatt and enjoy a spectacular ride on the Gornergrat Bahn (on one day of your choice during your stay) to the highest point, Gornergrat. With the priority boarding, you will be the first to board and choose the best seat on the train. The breathtaking view of the Matterhorn and the mountain world will enchant you.
As a memento of your excursion, you will receive an exclusive Gornergrat Bahn souvenir mug to be picked up at the Zermatt tourist office. The offer includes 10% off hotel accommodation and rail tickets.
The journey from Täsch to Zermatt is optional and can be included in your package.
The cancellation conditions of the accommodation and the general terms and conditions of the Gornergrat Bahn apply.
Notice: The flat rate listed here does not include any discounted subscriptions such as the GA travel card or half fare card. It may be possible that, taking into account certain discounts on public transport (GA, half fare card, etc.) a lower total price can be obtained by purchasing the services individually.
Terms and Conditions
- The package can be booked for a minimum of two nights between 02.12.2023 and 30.04.2024 (except between 24.12.2023 and 02.01.2024)
- Cancelling/amending accommodation is only available on request in exceptional cases.
- Any upgrades and additional services, such as massage treatments, can be booked directly with the hotel.
- The cancellation terms of the accommodation provider and the general terms and conditions of Gornergrat Railways apply.
- No other discounts applicable.