Fancy a touch of Alpine glamour? Take your seat in the Matterhorn Express VIP gondola.
If you love the Alps and could do with a special holiday treat, the Zermatt VIP gondola has your name on it already! The ride begins in Zermatt at the Matterhorn Express valley station. Make yourself comfortable in one of the cosy leather chairs and pop open a bottle of champagne. It’s a romantic experience for two or an exclusive event to enjoy with a group of good friends.
Up to three people can join you on possibly the most glamorous gondola ride you’ll ever have. Treat a loved one to a little luxury. Drink a toast to the special occasion as you glide past the Matterhorn together. Or grab the chance to take a selfie with the most-photographed mountain in the world as a backdrop.
All good things come to an end, however, and at the Trockener Steg mountain station, at an altitude of 2'929 metres, it’s time to disembark. Never mind, the good news is that the VIP gondola is in operation 270 days a year. In the summer the ride is great fun in combination with a gentle mountain hike and in winter with a day full of skiing. All year round you can travel on to the Matterhorn glacier paradise, up to the highest viewing platform in the Alps.
The VIP gondola includes:
- Single or return ticket from Zermatt to Trockener Steg*
- A bottle of Moët & Chandon champagne
*Lift ticket/ski pass not included!
- Single trip Zermatt - Trockener Steg (price per gondola, up to 4 people): CHF 100.00
- Single trip Trockener Steg - Zermatt (price per gondola, up to 4 people): CHF 100.00
- Return trip (price per gondola, up to 4 people): CHF 150.00