Rent some kickbikes and head for Zermatt’s most entertaining descent.
If you’ve never heard of kickbiking before you definitely need to book a trip to Zermatt! Take the chance to experience the ultimate downhill action on Sunnegga for young and old alike: get together with friends or family for a race down into the valley on special off-road scooters. The thrilling descent is a fun-filled adventure for people of all ages.
How does it work? Hire your kickbikes (including helmets) directly from the Sunnegga-Rothorn valley station in Zermatt. From there, take the cable car up to Sunnegga on Zermatt’s very own sun terrace. Ahead of you is a descent covering a drop of 821 metres in altitude. Up for it?
Ready, steady, Fun!!
Helmets on and off you go for what must surely be the most enjoyable descent in Zermatt. Past the idyllic hamlet of Tuftern with its old wooden huts and on into the shade of the forest of Swiss pine and larch. After that the real descent begins, so be ready with your hand on the brake as you zig-zag down towards Zermatt, heading in the direction of the Matterhorn.
Need a pit stop? Along the way, Othmar’s Skihütte and the Tuftern and Ried restaurants are inviting places to stop and refuel. Or have a look into Cervo Puro restaurant just at the end of the road. Hand your bikes back in when you reach the Sunnegga-Rothorn valley station. There’s only one question left: who will you take with you next time you go kickbiking?
- Adults: CHF 18.00
- Children aged 9 - 15.99: CHF 9.00
- Family (2 adults + 2 children up to 15.99 years): CHF 45.00Family ticket: 2 adults + 2 children up to 15.99 years for CHF 45.00 you can buy at the desk
- Add. child family (up to 15.99 years): CHF 6.00
- Rental kickbike
- Safety equipment (helmet)
Lift ticket not included!
- Suitable for children over 9 years of age and 1.35 m tall.
- The Kickbike and instruction in their use are available from Sunnegga station.