This course delivers your first proper insight into the fascinating world of alpine tours.
On the light tour scheduled for day one, you will learn how to use crampons, ropes and ice axe, plus how to act in a rope team crossing firn fields and glaciers. On day two, once acquainted with the glacier climbing gear, you tackle your first four-thousand-meter peak: the Breithorn (4,164 meters).
Bookable with private mountain guide every day from 01 June, overnight accommodation at the Gandegghütte (on request).
Tours with private mountain guide are also available from May, with accommodation in the village of Zermatt.
- Saturday 05 June 2021 (5th/6th June)
- Saturday 12 June 2021 (12th/13th June)
- Saturday 19 June 2021 (19th/20th June)
- Wednesday 23 June 2021 (23rd/24th June)
- Tuesday 27 July 2021 (27th/28th July)
- Saturday 14 August 2021 (14th/15th August)
- Saturday 04 September 2021 (4th/5th September)
- Wednesday 15 September 2021 (15th/16th September)
Duration: 2 days
Number of participants: minimum 4, maximum 6 participants
- 9.00am, Homebase Zermatt
- Equipment inspection
- Mountain tour to Trockener Steg
- Short climb to the Gandegghütte
- Instruction on the Lower Theodul Glacier
- Overnight stay at the Gandegghütte with three-course meal
- Short trek to Trockener Steg
- Cable car up to the Klein Matterhorn
- Start of the tour to the Breithorn (4,164 meters)
- Descent and return to base
- Private mountain guide from/to Zermatt, excluding accommodation: CHF 1,200.00 (1-3 persons, each additional person CHF 80.00)
- Group rate: CHF 475.00 per person, including half board accommodation