Which is the most beautiful in the entire village? At the traditional Shepherd’s Festival in Zen Stecken a prize is awarded to the most beautiful black-nose sheep of the year. Superb entertainment is not only ensured by the beautifully coiffeured sheep, but also a varied festival programme and the birthday party for Zermatt’s mascot, Wolli. This traditional event is guaranteed fun for all the family.
• 10.00 hrs: Washing the black-nose sheep in the the Tradition Julen stables
• 11:00 hrs: field church service including music
• Noon: refreshments with traditional Ländler music
• 13:00 hrs: election of the most beautiful black-nose sheep
• 13:30 hrs: Games for children and visit of Wolli
• 15:00 hrs: Wolli’s birthday party including the award for the “Wolli of the Year”
*Program is subject to change.