Hike to the Kin Hut - via Randa (Nr. 67)
In this region above Randa, names of geographical features such as Wildkin and Wildibach hint at the wild nature of the landscape. It’s no surprise that this walk up to the Kin Hut is also wild and beautiful.
- Type Mountain trail
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 3,30 h
- Distance 7,9 km
- Ascent 1401 m
- Descent 224 m
- Lowest point 1407 m
- Highest point 2587 m
Randa (station) - direction Hauspil - Grüengarten - Kin Hut
(Hiking time for the way back: approx. 3h)
Alternative: via Camping and Springelboden
This hike is marked on the signposts as “Randa - Kinhütte”.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.