Dirt Scooters on Schwarzsee
Dirt Scooter riding in Zermatt: high thrills at the foot of the north face of the Matterhorn. These scooters with super-fat tyres are perfect for riding the lanes leading through Zermatt’s alpine pastures. Fun for all the family!
- Type Cycling
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 1,20 h
- Distance 12,7 km
- Ascent 36 m
- Descent 987 m
- Lowest point 1632 m
- Highest point 2583 m
Schwarzsee - Stafelalp - Furi - Zermatt (Matterhorn glacier paradise valley station)
- Dirtscooter with helmet (available for hire at the valley station)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Good footwear
The Zermatt Bergbahnen lift company offers various deals for this adventure.
- Take into account participants’ fitness level and ability.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Do not leave the marked routes.
- It is forbidden to ride on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.