The annual Cow Fight takes place for the second time in Zermatt on Sunday, 08 August 2021. Around a hundred Hérens cows fight for the hierarchy in the herd according to their natural behaviour.
The evening before, August 7, 2021, the Schwyzerörgeliquartett "Genderbüebu" from Mund will perform their hymn "Reine du Cervin" on the Kirchplatz. The song, composed especially for the Cow fight, will be presented to the public for the first time as part of the record launch.
A traditional Valais weekend full of folklore, authenticity and an exciting programme of supporting events!
The offer includes:
- Two overnight stays (hotel or holiday flat) 06 - 08 August 2021
- Entry to the cow fights at the Matterhorn
- Entry to the Genderbüebu record launch
Important information regarding COVID-19:
- Access to the festival site is only possible with a valid COVID certificate. Children and young people under the age of 16 are exempt from this requirement. Information on how to obtain the certificate: https://zertifikat-ws.ch/
- You will get your admission wristband for the cow fight and the record launch directly at your accommodation upon presentation of your COVID certificate and valid ID. This saves you waiting time at the ticket desk.