Schwarzsee station at an altitude of 2'583 metres can be reached from Zermatt in 20 minutes on the Matterhorn Express, including changes. Schwarzsee is not only a departure point for an ascent of the Matterhorn, it is also where a number of different themed hiking trails start. A visit to the “Maria zum Schnee” (“Our Lady of the Snow”) chapel is well worth your while at any time of year.
The following ticket options are available for individual trips to Schwarzsee:
- Single ticket
- Return ticket
- Full fare (100%) or half-fare (50%) where relevant discount applies
- Bambini up to the age of 8.99 years: free
- Children: 9 - 15.99 years. 50% (with Junior Card / Grandchild Card (accompanied by a parent / grandparent free)
- GA, half-fare, Swiss Travel Pass: 50%
- Please note that GA day tickets and GA municipality day tickets are not entitled to a reduction.
- Groups from 10 guests: please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
The amount of the reduction depends on the date of birth. Offical ID showing date of birth required.
- Single or return trip to Schwarzsee (option of getting on or off at stations en route)
- Bike transport
- Local bus
- Dogs are carried for free
- Use of the audio information system (available from the valley station)