Experience the new special exhibition at the Matterhorn museum "NEW PERSPECTIVES. Women in Zermatt - yesterday and today”. Visit the exhibition in the museum and follow the installations through the village as far as the Matterhorn glacier paradise at 3,883 m! On the journey to the Klein Matterhorn you will experience fleeting glimpses of faces, people and vistas in stunning archive images. By delving into historical photographs, Valais artist Sabine Zaalene has breathed new life into these previously-forgotten traces from the past.
Special exhibition at the Matterhorn Museum – Zermatlantis
In 2021, it is 150 years since Lucy Walker became the first woman to climb the Matterhorn. 2021 is the also the 50th anniversary of women's suffrage and voting rights in Switzerland.
The interactive exhibition in the Matterhorn Museum and the staged production on the gondola route up to the Klein Matterhorn shine a light on the "women's stories" once more, drawing women out of the shadows and taking a critical look at how their stories have been told before.
Matterhorn glacier paradise – the highest mountain station in Europe
Allowing time to change trains, you can reach the 3,883 m Matterhorn glacier paradise in around 40 minutes. Want to go even higher? The summit lift takes you to the viewing platform with a 360° panoramic view of 38 Alpine giants. A visit to the Glacier Palace – the highest in the world – will make your trip an unforgettable experience!
- Entry into the Matterhorn Museum including the special exhibition
- Return journey Zermatt–Matterhorn glacier paradise
- Free coffee and cake at Matterhorn glacier paradise restaurant
Prices and conditions
- Children under 9: free
- Children under 16: 50%
- The ticket covers a return trip from Zermatt to the Matterhorn glacier paradise.
- No refunds or exchanges possible.
- Holders of various reduction tickets (Half-Fare card, GA travel card, Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Flexi Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card) are all entitled to a reduction. Please note that the Junior ticket and the Swiss Family Card are also valid.
- Half-Fare card, GA travel card, Swiss Travel Pass: 50%
- Please note that GA day tickets and GA municipality day tickets are not entitled to a reduction.
The voucher for the package, which you receive after reservation, must first be exchanged for a valid ticket at the Matterhorn valley station. You can only travel and gain entry to the museum with this ticket and not with the voucher.