Getting to know he Wallis black nose sheep should be on every visitor to Zermatt’s bucket list. Their spiralled horns, curly white wool and black spots on the knees make them very special. Between 25. June and 10. September 2022 around 120 of these beautiful creatures will be grazing on the Gornergrat.
If you don’t want to try and find the sheep by yourself you can hire a guide to lead you to the flock. Every Wednesday and Saturday we offer guided hikes. A guide from the ‘Zermatters’ doesn’t just take you to the sheep but on the way gives everyone a lot of extra information and interesting facts about the local area.
Dates: every Wednesday and Saturday from 9 July 2022 to 10 September 2022
- Guided hike to the black-nosed sheep
- Information and insider knowledge from the ZERMATTERS hiking guide
- Information from the shepherdess about the black-nosed sheep
- Ride up the Gornergrat (return)
- Adults without reduction: CHF 156.00 (in September CHF 140.00)
- Adults with GA Travel Card, Half-Fare Card, Swiss Travel Pass: CHF 93.00 (in September CHF 85.00)
- Children 6-15.99 years old without Wollicard/Junior Card: CHF 78.00 (in September CHF 70.00)
- Children with Wollicard (up to 8.99 years old) and children with Junior Card (up to 15.99 years old): CHF 15.00
- Children 0-5.99 years old : free
*Please note that GA day tickets as well as the GA day tickets of the municipality are excluded from a reduction.
- The start of the hike is on the Gornergrat at 10.45 am at the ‘Meet the Sheep’ meeting point – next to the station building on Gornergrat - and this is where your guide from the ‘ZERMATTTERS’ will be waiting for you.
- Hike to the black nose sheep and feeding them
- The programme ends around 12.30 pm followed by your individual return journey to Zermatt
- No refunds or exchange possible
- Online tickets are only issued in connection with a passport of personal identity card
- Dogs are not allowed in this programme
If the reservation is cancelled, modified or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
The total payment of the reservation is required at the time of booking.