Gornergrat (3,089 m) is one of the places one must visit in one's life. The mountain panorama and the unique view of the Matterhorn are unforgettable.
With its sunny, year-round accessible viewing platform Gornergrat at 3,089 m has been one of the top excursion destinations in Switzerland since 1898. The Gornergrat Bahn was the first, fully electric cog railways in Switzerland. Today, it runs as a modern, sustainably powered train, which recovers and saves energy thanks to its regeneration process.
Gornergrat is a paradise for hikers: on the numerous hiking trails, leisure and ambitious hikers get their money's worth. With the return ticket of Gornergrat Bahn you can get on and off at any train station along the way.
Tip: When you hike on the Gornergrat, take time to visit the native black-nosed sheep, which spend the alpine summer there. More information and where to find them
Fly to the Matterhorn with a paraglider – at "Zooom the Matterhorn" experience world
Since 2021 there is a new highlight on the Gornergrat: the experience world "Zooom the Matterhorn". With 3 zoom levels you can approach the Matterhorn in an interactive way. Take a seat in the comfortable swiveling chair and fly to the Matterhorn with the virtual paraglider – without even getting cold hands. Admission to "Zooom the Matterhorn" is already included in one-way and return tickets and to Gornergrat.
- Children and adolescents from 6 to 15.99 years or adultes with the Half-Fare travelcard, the GA travelcard, the Swiss Travel Pass, the Swiss Flex Pass or the Swiss Half Fare Card recieve a reduction of 50%.
- Please note that GA day tickets and GA municipality day tickets are not entitled to a reduction.
- Children with a Junior Card or a Swiss Family Card travel free of charge on Gornergrat Bahn.
- Groups of 10 or more receive a 30% discount on the ticket price. Tickets are sold at the Gornergrat Railway ticket counter.
- Tickets issued online are only valid together with a passport or personal identification.
- Refunds and exchanges are not possible.
If the reservation is cancelled, modified or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
The total payment of the reservation is required at the time of booking.