Zermatt - Zmutt (via Bielti/Furi)
This winter hiking trail from Zermatt to Zmutt leads via a shady and secluded little spot near the destination of Furi – something of a hidden secret!
- Type Winter hiking
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 1,40 h
- Distance 3,8 km
- Ascent 410 m
- Descent 109 m
- Lowest point 1620 m
- Highest point 1949 m
Zermatt (Zen Stecken) – Zum See – Bielti/Furi – Zmutt
(Hiking time for the walk back: approx. 1h20)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
Keep your eye out for the old teahouses, which are located along the wayside. One is located just before the intersection for Blatten and the second is just before you change to the farm road to Zmutt.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
Note: Plan departure time carefully – in the afternoon it becomes shady early in Bielti.