Wolli and the climate detectives
This playful exploration of climate phenomena is fun for the whole family. The Zermatt children’s mascot, Wolli, lends a hand. The trip starts off with a ride up the Gornergrat, followed by plenty of surprises!
- Type Theme trail
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 2,30 h
- Distance 21,2 km
- Ascent 1601 m
- Descent 1601 m
- Lowest point 1605 m
- Highest point 3107 m
Ride on the Gornergrat Bahn: Zermatt - Gornergrat, Gornergrat - Rotenboden, Riffelberg - Zermatt
Walk en route: Rotenboden - Riffelsee - Gagenhaupt - Riffelberg (approx. 1h)
- Audio guide and quiz (available with deposit from Zermatt Tourism)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.