Climate Audio Trail
Zermatt’s Klimahörpfad (climate audio trail) leads high into the world of the glaciers and mountains. Audio guides reveal fascinating insights into the climate.
- Type Theme trail
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 4,00 h
- Distance 7,4 km
- Ascent 526 m
- Descent 464 m
- Lowest point 2548 m
- Highest point 2887 m
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 4h)
- Audio guide (available with deposit from Zermatt Tourism, Gornergrat Bahn station or Alpin Center). Also available as podcast.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Important! A good head for heights, a sure foot and mountain experience are all needed
Instead of returning from the Monte Rosa hut on the same day, this modern hut has 120 beds for overnight stays.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
Important! Difficulty level T4 – the route is difficult. Glacier traverse. Unsuitable for inexperienced mountain hikers. We recommend the services of a mountain guide. Return hiking time 7-8 hours.