The path traces a leisurely zig-zag through the mixed larch forest. The trees provide shade but also offer frequent views to the horizon. Around Ried, the vista opens up dramatically to reveal the resplendent Matterhorn.
- Type Hiking trail
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 1,50 h
- Distance 6,3 km
- Ascent 115 m
- Descent 719 m
- Lowest point 1608 m
- Highest point 2213 m
Tufteren - Patrullarve - Ried - Zermatt (station)
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 2h 25)
Place of departure: Sunnegga - Tufteren (30 min.)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
An upgraded forest path, which is suitable for prams and baby carriages with large wheels. In addition, the path is lined with blossoming Alpine roses.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.