Two ski tourers in the snow, surrounded by the peace of boundless nature, the meditative swish of the skins in the snow the only sound to be heard. The Zermatt – Matterhorn destination offers a wide range of ski tours, including tours over glaciers and combined tours, where you leave your skis at a ski depot and climb the rest of the route.
The tours all have one thing in common – the reward at the end of the ascent. Down pristine slopes through the powder snow, back into the valley – accompanied by a feeling of freedom.
To help everyone have the best possible adventure, there are some rules to observe:
- Always go with a mountain guide on a tour
Stay up-to-date with the weather and avalanche status: Snow Report
More information is available in the Swiss avalanche bulletins (www.slf.ch)
- Always maintain visual contact with accompanying persons
- Use key sections and extremely steep slopes individually
- Never go into a wild game protection zone (these are marked and one will be fined)
- Always switch the avalanche transceiver (LVS device) unit to transmission
- Always carry a shovel and a probe
- Pay close attention to daily atmospheric warming and continually re-evaluate the situation
- “Be searchable”. Equip yourself with an additional RECCO rescue reflector*. Whether summer or winter. Available in our Online-Shop or our information desk * The additional reflector does not replace an avalanche beacon