Täschalp - Fluhalp (Pfulwe)
The hike over the Pfulwe (Fluh Pass) reveals the magnificent wild hinterland to the east of Täsch and Zermatt. The steep valley of the Mellichbach river enchants hikers with its arid beauty.
- Type Mountain tour
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 4,55 h
- Distance 9,5 km
- Ascent 1018 m
- Descent 589 m
- Lowest point 2179 m
- Highest point 3148 m
Täschalp (Ottavan) - Pfulwe / Fluh Pass - Fluhalp
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 4h 20)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Important! A good head for heights, a sure foot and mountain experience are needed
Begin your day once by greeting the rising sun at Pfulwe.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre near Täsch station.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.