Zermatt - Ried
This pleasant winter hiking trail leads from the centre of Zermatt through different quarters of the resort to the Ried area. The clear view of the Matterhorn from here is particularly beautiful.
- Type Winter hiking
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 0,50 h
- Distance 2,2 km
- Ascent 228 m
- Descent 36 m
- Lowest point 1604 m
- Highest point 1800 m
(Hiking time for the walk back: approx. 40 min)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.