This walk is a real treat for anyone who loves flowers. Depending on the season, walkers may see blossoming edelweiss and gentian as well as many other alpine flowers.
- Type Theme trail
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 1,20 h
- Distance 4,6 km
- Ascent 135 m
- Descent 425 m
- Lowest point 2212 m
- Highest point 2575 m
Blauherd - Tufteren - Sunnegga
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 1h 35)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Bring camera and binoculars. Because you also pass the idyllic hamlet of Tufteren with the typical “Gädis”.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.