It is always downhill and past Alpine meadows and mountain lakes along single trails and field paths from the Blauherd station. Every mountain lake along the trails has its own characteristics.
- Type Mountainbiking
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 2,00 h
- Distance 16,8 km
- Ascent 333 m
- Descent 1309 m
- Lowest point 1620 m
- Highest point 2571 m
Blauherd – Lake Stellisee - Fluhalp - Lake Grindjisee - Grünsee - Gant - Lake Moosjisee - Findeln - Sunnegga – Patrullarve – Zermatt
(The trail can also be ridden in the other direction, from Zermatt to Blauherd – some sections steep and difficult.)
- Bike in excellent working order
- Helmet, gloves and bell
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and drink
After a few flowing downhill kilometres, you reach Findeln, where you can once again replace some of those calories you burned in one of the 5 mountain restaurants. This is just one of many culinary highlights.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.