Full moon experience for skiers and non-skiers
December 2020, January and February 2021
During the months of January, February and March, a late evening full moon ride with dinner takes place at Gornergrat. Experience the Matterhorn by moonlight surrounded by an impressive starry sky.
Dinner under the full moon for skiers and walkers
After a warming glühwein or tea beneath the stars on the Gornergrat the skiers enjoy a guided run from the Gornergrat to the Riffelalp while the walkers can enjoy their night-time panorama a little longer before taking the train down to Riffelalp followed by a 10-minute accompanied walk to the Alphitta restaurant.
In the rustic Alphitta restaurant everyone can warm up with a hot soup and tasty rösti (Swiss potato speciality). After a cosy evening comes the return journey to Zermatt. For skiers to Landtunnel and the walkers by train.
Please don’t forget to dress up warmly and to bring a headlamp or torch for both the ski run and the walk to the restaurant.
- 6:20 pm Departure from Zermatt, train ride to Gornergrat
- 10:40 pm Arrival in Zermatt
- Adults: CHF 99.00
- Children 9-16 years: CHF 39.00
- Children - 9 years: free
No additional discounts such as Half-Price Pass, Swiss Travel Pass, Junior or Grandchild Card
- Train trip up to the Gornergrat
- Glühwein or tea under the starry sky at 3,089 metres above sea-level
- Guided ski run to Riffelalp/Landtunnel (boarding point for the Gornergrat Railway) or the rail trip from Gornergrat to Zermatt
- Dinner in the Alphitta restaurant on the Riffelalp
- Monday, 25.01.2021
- Tuesday, 26.01.2021
- Wednesday, 24.02.2021
- Thursday, 25.02.2021