Before the event
On the evening before you will receive a briefing by phone or at your hotel.
Before the sleigh ride, you will meet the dogs so that you can get used to each other. The musher (the huskies’ owner) will show you how to steer a dog sleigh and direct the dogs. For the first circuit, you will ride as a passenger. After that, you will have the chance to lead a team of dogs yourself, with the help of the musher. You must be at least 18 years old to do this.
A local guide will pick you up from the Restaurant Trockener Steg and take you to the husky trail. This short walk will take around 15 minutes. The guide will photograph the sleigh rides and provide snacks and hot or cold drinks during breaks.
You will receive a souvenir after the event.
- The private, circular, two-kilometre route is prepared the day before by the snow groomer.
- The ticket to Trockener Steg is not included.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT.
- Children 11 years old or younger receive a discount of CHF 40. A date of birth must be provided in order to qualify for the discount. An official proof of identification, stating the date of birth, is needed.
How to find us
Trockener Steg in the Matterhorn glacier paradise ski area, meeting point in the restaurant (second floor) at the bar.
Winter clothing is required for this activity:
- Sturdy hiking boots (ankle height) to protect the ankles (available to hire from the sports shop)
- Winter hat, Warm gloves
- Sunglasses, Sun cream and camera
Ski shoes are not suitable for this sleigh ride. Skiers can bring their winter hiking boots in a bag and change into them on site. Shoes can be stored safely at the meeting point.
- Children under 2 years old are not allowed to ride on the sleighs.
- Pregnant women require written permission from their doctor.
- People over 100 kg need to request permission in advance.
Insurance is the participant’s responsibility.
On request only
- Private booking (as a private group)
- More than four people per booking
- Corporate clients / events
Once payment has been received, your booking time is reserved.
A minimum of 8 participants per day is required in order for the activity to go ahead. If there are fewer than this, we will inform you as soon as possible and refund your fee.
If there is bad weather or the skiing area is closed (if it is too windy, for example), then we will offer an alternative date.
Cancellation before the event:
- Up to 60 days before the event, 80% of the fee will be refunded.
- 14 days before: 50%
- 6 days before: 20%
- 48 hours before the event: no refund.
An administration fee of CHF 45 will be charged for any cancellation. Cancellations must be made in writing (letter or email) to Zermatt-event management GmbH.