Zermatt - Furi (via Zmutt)
This winter walk leads into a long-gone world of magical charm. From Zermatt, the trail climbs gently to the hamlet of Zmutt, where time seems to have stood still for centuries.
- Type Winter hiking
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 2,00 h
- Distance 4,8 km
- Ascent 435 m
- Descent 195 m
- Lowest point 1620 m
- Highest point 1948 m
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 2h 15)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
Hint: Note possible route closures (in case of avalanche risk).