This tough trail is suitable for experienced mountain hikers in good physical shape. The route entails an ascent of 1,774 vertical metres – but the climb is well worth the effort.
- Type Regional hiking tour
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 4,30 h
- Distance 6,6 km
- Ascent 1778 m
- Descent 256 m
- Lowest point 1405 m
- Highest point 2933 m
Randa (station) - Jatzalpe - Weisshorn hut
(Hiking time for the walk back: approx. 2h 30)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
The clos enough to touch southeast wall of the Weisshorn pyramid is particularly impressive.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre at Randa station.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.