Weg der Stille
The Weg der Stille (Path of Silence) is a treat for all seeking tranquillity. The trail leads from the Gornergrat down into a still, forgotten valley that offers a good chance of spotting wildlife.
- Type Regional hiking tour
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 1,45 h
- Distance 5 km
- Ascent 38 m
- Descent 821 m
- Lowest point 2298 m
- Highest point 3081 m
Gornergrat - Kelle - Grünsee (variant Grünsee - Findeln - Sunnegga approx. 1h 30, or variant to Riffelalp along the Naturweg trail approx. 40 min)
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 2h 35)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
As the name already suggests – a dream for those seeking peace and quiet.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.