This walk through the protective forest above Randa, suitable for children, often has surprises in store: ibex may even put in an appearance.
- Type Hiking trail
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 2,20 h
- Distance 6,1 km
- Ascent 561 m
- Descent 561 m
- Lowest point 1410 m
- Highest point 1894 m
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 2h 20)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre at Randa station.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.