Täschalp - Weingartensee
The name of this walk is misleading. The Weingartensee, which means “vineyard lake”, is certainly a lake, but there are no vineyards far and wide. This is a wild and bare landscape, sculpted by the retreating glaciers.
- Type Regional hiking tour
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 4,40 h
- Distance 9,3 km
- Ascent 1079 m
- Descent 1079 m
- Lowest point 2183 m
- Highest point 3129 m
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 4h 45)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Important! A good head for heights, a sure foot and mountain experience are needed
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre near Täsch station.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.