Täschalp - Weingartensee
The name of this walk is misleading. The Weingartensee, which means “vineyard lake”, is certainly a lake, but there are no vineyards far and wide. This is a wild and bare landscape, sculpted by the retreating glaciers.
- Type Regional hiking tour
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 4,40 h
- Distance 9,3 km
- Ascent 1079 m
- Descent 1079 m
- Lowest point 2183 m
- Highest point 3129 m
Täschalp (Ottavan) - Täsch hut - Weingartensee - Täschalp (Ottavan)
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 4h 45)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Important! A good head for heights, a sure foot and mountain experience are needed
A great subject for a photograph is the Täschalp with the chapel in the foreground and the mighty Weisshorn (4,506 m) as the backdrop.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre near Täsch station.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.