Täschalp - Tufteren
This generally level walk follows the famous Europaweg trail. Leading along the treeline, it offers glorious views of numerous 4,000-metre peaks as well as Täsch and Zermatt.
- Type Regional hiking tour
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 2,00 h
- Distance 6,3 km
- Ascent 489 m
- Descent 457 m
- Lowest point 2136 m
- Highest point 2353 m
Täschalp (Ottavan) - Tufteren
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 1h 55)
Current: The section of the Europaweg between Täschalp and Ruffina is closed due to rockfalls. A diversion over the Täschalp street is signalised. The Europaweg is open from Grächen till Täschalp and from Ruffina till Sunnegga.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Important! A good head for heights, a sure foot and mountain experience are needed
Please note the opening hours of the Alpine dairy on Täschalp (mid-June to mid-September). A taxi is available during the summer for the trip from Täsch up to the Täschalp. Information and departure times are available in the tourist office in Täsch.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre near Täsch station.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.