Täsch - Täschhütte
This varied walk offers a fascinating experience of different aspects of the alpine world: views of towering mountains, a surprising variety of alpine flora and a glimpse behind the scenes of a mountaineers’ hut.
- Type Regional hiking tour
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 3,25 h
- Distance 7,3 km
- Ascent 1379 m
- Descent 113 m
- Lowest point 1434 m
- Highest point 2704 m
(Hiking time for the walk back: approx. 2h 20)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre near Täsch station.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.